Joel Comm, an Internet marketer, claims that “creating an Internet business – even a small one – does require work, and part of that work involves staying up to date with the newest tools and the latest online innovations” (Comm, 2010). In this case, I am going to talk about Twitter as a marketing tool, which could help us to develop our business and see the importance of its online engagement.Read More »
Forbes web orrialdeak geroago azalduko digunez, sare sozial berriak momentu oro agertzen ari direla, ez dago esaterik. Ondorioz, zaila izan zaitzakegu aukeratzea zeinetan partekatu gure bizitza eta denbora eman. Ildo beretik, sare sozialek gure ospe digitala eraikitzea eta babestea eskeini dizkigute, erosotasunarekin eta erraztasunarekin partekatuz. Gaur egun, edozein berri, informazio, pertsona… sare sozialen bidez arakatu dezakegu. Erabilgarria izan daiteke ere, komunikatzeko, beste batzuekin harremanetan jartzeko eta batez ere, ezagutza partekatzeko eta bereganatzeko. Ezin dezaket nere burua imaginatu urte batzuk atzera sare sozik gabe, erraminta hain eguneratua, doainekoa eta maneiagarria izanda. Ondoren, LikedIn, Foursquare, MySpace… eta beste hainbat sare sozaialen gainean arituko naiz.Read More »
Small business consultants, as Elizabeth Freeman , are clear about the advantage of social networking to promote a business; although they also acknowledge that it “requires dedication and work” from the entrepreneurs part.
Starting with the idea of using social media to promote your business is crucial to go beyond in our way to encourage your enterprise. Furthermore, the question to achieve this accomplishment is: How can I implement social media marketing into my business and get real-time success? Well, the first step that you will take into account to be succeed promoting your business is the Digital Strategy.
Accordingly to what Digital Strategy is, “this strategy deals with the process of specifying an organization´s vision, goals, opportunities and initiatives in order to maximize the business benefits of digital initiatives to the company”. It means that this tactic will develop a digital marketing strategy or an online business model to increase the sales online. This process could be also called e-Marketing.
Secondly, what you need to promote the enterprise is the use of social media. Social networks promote the Website and it also keeps new and existing customers chatting about your business. In other words, social media help drive interest and customers to your business. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube or LinkedIn are some of those basic networks to reach the success.
- Please, set up a business page on Facebook and post very often the special offers to all those who Like your page.
- Post questions on your Facebook page to ask customers whether your products or services are fun or odd.
- Ask customers to share pictures on your Facebook page that will show them using their favorite product that they bought from your website.
- Use Twitter to tweet interesting or unusual things about your business or products. It is compulsory to present a link to know where that product is on Webpage.
- It is really recommended to tweet pictures related to you or your business to your Twitter followers.
- Creating circles in your personal Google+ profile are set up specifically for those who are interested in your services, products, brand…
- Post interesting content to your customers and other business circles and encourage feedback or comments on the content such as blog posts, interesting articles, review, offers…
- Start soliciting feedback from customers. It is, discussing a new product or service or maybe ask for participation on isues such as customer service.
- You Tube:
- Join LinkedIn groups that may be popular with many of your customers and frequently post questions or comments related to the products or services that you offer.
- Please, create a LinkedIn profile and add links to your website.
- Update your profile with new links, product reviews, books, or other useful information, so this data will appear to all the people in your networks.
- LinkedIn groups can be really popular if your profile is joined in LinkedIn, so many of your customers could post questions or comments.
Once the most powerful networks deal with marketing and the idea of promoting your business, it is time to move towards a couple of ways in which businesses can protect themselves from risks. How can businesses protect themselves from digital risks?
The first step consists on looking at where their digital life exists. It means that, if a company decides to publish its servers, such as the physical and real digital location, something could happen. So, please, try to protect data which would be located away from the office spaces.
Secondly, many organizations feel fear of making mistakes in digital platforms. I agree with those who think that website is the perfect place for making mistakes and learning from them. You must be brave and risk mistakes!
To end with the post, it is time to promote your business, franchise, company or small shop using these social networks that are above mentioned. If you work hard and you have a positive attitude, your business will cross borders and it will make people be interested in your offers. As Charles Leadbeater stated:
“You are what you share.”
So, it would be a good idea follow Charles Leadbeater´s example to promote your business but always relying on social networks .
- Social Nerwork Connections Ltd; Management. Retrieved 18.11.2013, from: http://www.socialnetworkconnections.co.uk/
- Business Industry Portal; Using Social Media to market your business. Retrieved 19.11.2013 from: http://www.business.qld.gov.au/business/running/marketing/online-marketing/social-media-business
- Freeman, Elizabeth; The advantages of Social Networking Promoting a Business. Retrieved 19.11.2013, from: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/advantages-social-networking-promoting-business-21990.html
- Johson, Stacy; How to use Social Media to Promote your Business. Retrieved 20.11.2013, from: http://www.rd.com/advice/work-career/how-to-use-social-media-to-promote-your-business/
Emily Wilson (2013) asserts that by and larg most recent studies and statistics agree about the massive use of social netowrks in today’s society. Business Insider, a well-known website, made a study about the need of brand to make use of the social media because of the awesome presence of these in society. In fact, they are dominating our ways of life. We use it not only in a playful and social way, but all large companies and institutions start making use of it in order to promote themselves. However, before performing a study on the social networks in the business world, let’s ask some questions related to the topic … What is media? Who and how do we use it? Since when is it so important for everyone?
If we define “Media” in an official and serious way, we would say that it is every channel of revelation of all kind of information. It consists of the interaction of two elements, the reporter and the receiver of the information. These channels include newspapers, television, radio … but now also it’s included internet and social networks. These two new ones are the most popular among the society because of their easy use and the higher lever of interaction.
As Ross Gerber say “Social media sites are now ubiquitous and have transformed society. They are changing the way entities as diverse as members of Congress and rock bands disseminate information and communicate with the outside world”, currently almost everyone has at least one computer at home and we use it daily. Almost every activity can be done in a computer: social interaction, get informed about the news, shopping, meet new people, school and university schools and, of course, a lot of business stuff.
The fact that the society is dominated by the new technologies is an important factor that all companies take into account; they have to adapt themselves trying to survive in the market. There for most of the enterprises have their own web page and they are present in the most popular social networks with the aim of promoting themselves.
The social media marketing is an essential tool to promote a business, service or product through the internet because of the low cost and high impact today it presents. It’s the perfect opportunity for those companies that want to present their products or to catch more customers. Social networks are also a good mechanism to create our digital identity, which represents you in the internet, it is the online prestige a company has. This reputation is under the control of the individual or organization and also by the other people that see the company on the internet and they chat and put their opinions in online comments.
A part of having a own website, most companies use the most popular social networks. As Shannon Belew and Joel Elad say “the most popular social networking sites — Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, and LinkedIn — to help drive interest and customers to your business”.
The most popular one is called Facebook. This website is so far a social meeting place. It’s a common space in which you’re in contact with all your facebook friends. In a first moment it was used just for a social objective, but now ir’s becoming also a professional tool. Facebook offers to businesses the ability to create pages of company or brand and a number of utilities to manage this “social professional presence.”
The brands and companies who participate in Facebook are obliged to talk, to use as an instrument of conversation. There is established a relationship with the different users. Facebook provides the necessary tools for businesses to easily create a communicative environment where it is possible to interact with users and measure your results.
The idea is to keep customers informed about all the activities of our company as well as the fantastic prices and promotions. This social network make possible that costumers feel integrated in the company.
The second one is Twitter. This social network is characterized of having an enormous potential of connecting directly with customers as a way to publicize some products or promotions to a wide public.
It is possible to call it corporate, business, blog, website … the fact is that many of us are on Twitter to promote what we do, using it as a “speaker” which deal with many users in a direct and comfortable way.
The rest of the social networks work in the same way as the others mentioned, they present the same services to businesses and each presents a special feature.
The fact of using social media for business may present some advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand it’s sure that the company will catch the attention of customers because the web it’s the space most used by people nowadays. Another evident advantage is the low cost this marketing tactic entails.
On the other hand and although we think there are not, it’s true that there are some disadvantages. It’s necessary to have the skills to be able to work on the web and social networks, which is not easy. You also have to be in constant work since you have to refresh and update the page very often and answer any question at any moment.
In conclusion it is important to note that all or most of the companies are already working on this new form of promotion and advertising. It is possible to say that if a company is not in social networks is not known, or not as well-known as the other, which leads us to think that it has a very low level of competition in comparison with other companies. Of course, if I had a company, I would be present in those social networks that I think that it would be useful and I would get much benefit from it.
– Gerber, Ross (October 22, 2013); Breaking Down The Big Four Social Media Companies 20.11.2013, http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2013/10/22/breaking-down-the-big-four-social-media-companies/
– Wight, Emily ( 29 August 29,2013); Small business tips: how to use social media to boost business 19.11.2013, http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2013/aug/29/social-media-boost-business-tips
– Kim, Larry ; Guide to Using Social Media for Marketing, 18.11.2013, http://www.wordstream.com/social-media-marketing
– The National B2B Centre, Online business networking and social networking Advantages and disadvantages of using social media, 20.11.2013, http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/advantages-and-disadvantages-using-social-media
– Wight, Emily ( 29 August,2013); Small business tips: how to use social media to boost business 19.11.2013, http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2013/aug/29/social-media-boost-business-tips
– Wilson, Emily ( 13 September, 2013) Business Insider Study: Brands Need Concentrated Social Media Presence 03.12.2013, http://www.business2community.com/social-media/business-insider-study-brands-need-concentrated-social-media-presence-0617892#!oO15Y