Kristina Cisneros and Jayson DeMers both agree that Social Media benefits Marketing. There is a big quantity of economists and authors who have talked about it. This post is divided in three different parts, firstly it can be seen the explanation of Social Media according to Oscar de Santo, to follow with, there are some of the most relevant benefits, and to sum up there is a conclusion about how those websites will be related to the marketing, due to the continuos development and improvement of the platforms.
Social Media Marketing must not be confused with Marketing in Social Media, which is another way for bussiness to approach to their costumers and to get new ones.
Social media incorporates the online technology and methods to which people can share content personal opinions, exchange different perspectives and enter into world issues in generally discuss the evolution media itself. Social media website content can come in many shapes and forms. Text is often to put across opinions are right blog post, images and photos can display anything from holiday photos to shots by professional photographers, with social media it is possible to create podcasts for users to download, it can also be recorded videos and watched them. The most popular types of social media websites are huge at the moment, a few example of the social media websites are social networking websites, these are used to create a personal profile and then chat, discuss and share information with other people such as friends and family. Prime examples of social networking sites are LinkedIn and Facebook.
Video sharing sites are used to upload and share personal videos with the rest to the web community, a perfect example of a video-sharing website is Youtube. Photo sharing website allows users to upload pictures and images to a personal account which can then be viewed by other web users, Flickr or Instagram are two different great examples of a successful photo sharing site. News aggregators provide a list of the latest new stories published by users from a range of different websites, Digg for instance, is one of the web´s largest news aggregators whit one of the most dedicated communities. Social bookmarking sites allow users to publicly bookmark web pages they find valuable in order to share them with other Internet users. Presence apps, allow users to post and announce what they are currently doing, Twitter is a good example.
Once the social media is explained, dealing with it there has emerged one of the most important part of marketing strategy. Social Media Marketing. As Kristina Cisnero (Cisnero, 2014) says, Sharing content with thousands of followers at once isn’t the only benefit of social media for business. Small businesses all over the world have been discovering the ways social media can contribute to success and growth in all areas of their companies. However, there are still skeptics who still don’t see or understand the benefits of social media for their business.
Because it appeared quickly, social media has developed a reputation by some for being a passing marketing interest, and therefore, an unprofitable one. On the other hand, the social media marketing is a new, relevant and influential form of marketing on the Internet in a dynamic and modern way. It serves to reduce publicity costs and even to reach new potential customers. Experts in Social Media use social networks and blogs to share with their communities online, to spread their business and to make a more effective promotion of their websites.
Social Media Marketing is an effective and reliable way of communication with customers, as it has been said before. Through these platforms, the companies can put advertisements, corporate information including offers, events, contests, launch of products or services, etc. This site is also useful to obtain opinions of the clients, do surveys and even do market research.
The businesses can be improved thanks to Social Media Marketing, there are a lot of documents and researches that analyse the benefits of this important network for marketing online. According to Jayson DeMers (DeMers, 2014) here are some of those benefits:
- Increased Brand Recognition: social media networks are just new channels for a brand´s voice and content. This is important because it simultaneously makes marketer easier and more accessible for new customers, and makes him more familiar and recognizable for existing customers.
- Improved brand loyalty: there are studies which say that brands who engage on social media channels enjoy higher loyalty from their customers.
- More opportunities to convert: every post made on a social media platform is an opportunity for customers to convert.
- Higher conversion rates: social media is a place where brands can act like people do, and this is important because people like doing business with other people, not with companies.
- Higher brand authority: the more people that are talking about someone on social media, the more valuable and authoritative his brand will seem to new users.
- Increased inbound traffic: every social media profile you add is another path leading back to your site, and every piece of content you syndicate on those profiles is another opportunity for a new visitor.
- Decreased marketing costs: social platforms allow people to reach a large number of potential customers with a much more economical investment.
- Better search engine rankings: Google and other search engines may be calculating their rankings using social media presence as a significant factor, because of the fact that strong brands almost always use social media.
- Richer customer experiences: every customer interaction on social media is an opportunity to publicly demonstrate your customer service level and enrich the relationship with the customers.
- Improved customer insights: social media also gives an opportunity to gain valuable information about what customers are interested in and how they behave. Then, it is possible to measure conversions based on different promotions posted on various social media channels and eventually find a perfect combination to generate revenue.
In the future, the companies have planned to enhance their commitment to social networks. The interest in video marketing will increase due to the incredible method of Youtube. Facebook, as previously mentioned, is the major social media platform and it is going to take a further impulse by the marketers. Twitter continues being the second option and will stay there thanks to the support of the companies. Blogs will also strengthen their presence with a firm commitment by the companies.
Apart from that, the rest of social platforms arose some interest to marketers, but they recognize that they need to get to know them better, in order to use them in the best way. In general, professionals recognize that social media marketing is continuously developing, so it requires constant training and to dedicate time to its study.
- Cisnero, K. (25 de 7 de 2014). 10 Benefits of Social Media for Business Every Skeptic Should Know. Retrieved from http://blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-for-business/
- DeMers, J. (11 de 08 de 2014). The Top 10 Benefits Of Social Media Marketing. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/08/11/the-top-10-benefits-of-social-media-marketing/
- 7 Beneficios principales del socia media marketing. (4 de 9 de 2014). Retrieved from http://www.posgradoenmarketing.com/7-beneficios-principales-del-social-media-marketing
- Herrera, F. (30 de 3 de 2015). Beneficios del Marketing Social en las empresas y la sociedad. Retrieved from http://www.roastbrief.com.mx/2015/03/beneficios-del-marketing-social-en-las-empresas-y-la-sociedad/
- Santo, O. D. (2013). 9 razones demostradas por las que el Social Media Marketing funciona. Retrieved from http://www.puromarketing.com/42/17965/razones-demostradas-social-media-marketing-funciona.html