Nowadays one of the most pressing matters is the debt crisis. The relevance of this post is what led me to choose it. The aim of this post is to provide an insight to the global economic crisis. In order to do this the following aspects serve to know how our economic system sank.
The entry of this post is to know how social networks born, in this case , Facebook, and who are the responsible of being billionaires in few days. The next paragraphs tell the plot of the film The Social Network, also commonly known as Facebook´s film. Moreover, these kind of companies are judged of plagiarism other´s first idea about the creation of the enterprise.
Ten years ago, in a drunken night of October, just after breaking up with his girlfriend , Mark created in the computers of his University a site which contained a database of every girl on campus. Mark uploaded two photos of two girls and he started asking University users to choose which one was ” hotter .” The entire Harvard system was collapsed and felt off a controversy on campus because of the alleged misogyny of the website. By creating Facemash (prior name of Facebook), Mark was accused of breaching security intentionally and violating copyrights and individual privacy . However, at that time, the underlying structure of Facebook borns.
However, in the chaos of the creation of the social network, it came a passionate conflict of how and when it had happened. Hence, who had deserved the recognition for what was becoming one of the most original ideas of the century. In the beginning of the creatoin of Facebook, the reltionship between some friendships was broken and it led to legal actions.
BEFORE THE FILM:
The Social Network Film is written by Aaron Sorkin which is based on the Ben Mezrich´s book “The Accidental Billionaires “. “The Social Network “tells the story of young founders of the popular social network Facebook, especially its best-known creator, Mark Zuckerberg.
The director in The Social Network, David Fincher, and the screenwriter Aaron Sorkin, explore the moment of the invention of Facebook. This moment is known as the most revolutionary social phenomenon of the new century. The result of the movie is a full drama of creation and destruction, a drama that avoids showing one point of view. On the contrary, The Social Network is still warring narratives and changing social relationships that define our era within social networks.
To conclude, social networks have given us great ways to protect and build our digital reputations. Today, we have the ease of searching conversations, the ability to set alerts to help us monitor our names, the constant availability of learning opportunities and more ways to communicate and interact with others. All of these tools, which were not available just a few years ago, now make it possible for us to be proactive in maintaining, building and protecting our personal brand.
- Film affinity; La red Social, of 18/12/2013, retrieved from http://www.filmaffinity.com/es/film577699.html
- The Worlswide Guide to Movie Location; The Social Network Film Location, of 18/19/2013. retrieved from http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/s/Social_Network.html
- Carlson, Nicholas; The Facebook Movie Is An Act Of Cold-Blooded Revenge- The Real Story, of 19/12/2013; retrived from http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-movie-zuckerberg-ims
Small business consultants, as Elizabeth Freeman , are clear about the advantage of social networking to promote a business; although they also acknowledge that it “requires dedication and work” from the entrepreneurs part.
Starting with the idea of using social media to promote your business is crucial to go beyond in our way to encourage your enterprise. Furthermore, the question to achieve this accomplishment is: How can I implement social media marketing into my business and get real-time success? Well, the first step that you will take into account to be succeed promoting your business is the Digital Strategy.
Accordingly to what Digital Strategy is, “this strategy deals with the process of specifying an organization´s vision, goals, opportunities and initiatives in order to maximize the business benefits of digital initiatives to the company”. It means that this tactic will develop a digital marketing strategy or an online business model to increase the sales online. This process could be also called e-Marketing.
Secondly, what you need to promote the enterprise is the use of social media. Social networks promote the Website and it also keeps new and existing customers chatting about your business. In other words, social media help drive interest and customers to your business. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube or LinkedIn are some of those basic networks to reach the success.
- Please, set up a business page on Facebook and post very often the special offers to all those who Like your page.
- Post questions on your Facebook page to ask customers whether your products or services are fun or odd.
- Ask customers to share pictures on your Facebook page that will show them using their favorite product that they bought from your website.
- Use Twitter to tweet interesting or unusual things about your business or products. It is compulsory to present a link to know where that product is on Webpage.
- It is really recommended to tweet pictures related to you or your business to your Twitter followers.
- Creating circles in your personal Google+ profile are set up specifically for those who are interested in your services, products, brand…
- Post interesting content to your customers and other business circles and encourage feedback or comments on the content such as blog posts, interesting articles, review, offers…
- Start soliciting feedback from customers. It is, discussing a new product or service or maybe ask for participation on isues such as customer service.
- You Tube:
- Join LinkedIn groups that may be popular with many of your customers and frequently post questions or comments related to the products or services that you offer.
- Please, create a LinkedIn profile and add links to your website.
- Update your profile with new links, product reviews, books, or other useful information, so this data will appear to all the people in your networks.
- LinkedIn groups can be really popular if your profile is joined in LinkedIn, so many of your customers could post questions or comments.
Once the most powerful networks deal with marketing and the idea of promoting your business, it is time to move towards a couple of ways in which businesses can protect themselves from risks. How can businesses protect themselves from digital risks?
The first step consists on looking at where their digital life exists. It means that, if a company decides to publish its servers, such as the physical and real digital location, something could happen. So, please, try to protect data which would be located away from the office spaces.
Secondly, many organizations feel fear of making mistakes in digital platforms. I agree with those who think that website is the perfect place for making mistakes and learning from them. You must be brave and risk mistakes!
To end with the post, it is time to promote your business, franchise, company or small shop using these social networks that are above mentioned. If you work hard and you have a positive attitude, your business will cross borders and it will make people be interested in your offers. As Charles Leadbeater stated:
“You are what you share.”
So, it would be a good idea follow Charles Leadbeater´s example to promote your business but always relying on social networks .
- Social Nerwork Connections Ltd; Management. Retrieved 18.11.2013, from: http://www.socialnetworkconnections.co.uk/
- Business Industry Portal; Using Social Media to market your business. Retrieved 19.11.2013 from: http://www.business.qld.gov.au/business/running/marketing/online-marketing/social-media-business
- Freeman, Elizabeth; The advantages of Social Networking Promoting a Business. Retrieved 19.11.2013, from: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/advantages-social-networking-promoting-business-21990.html
- Johson, Stacy; How to use Social Media to Promote your Business. Retrieved 20.11.2013, from: http://www.rd.com/advice/work-career/how-to-use-social-media-to-promote-your-business/