Joel Comm, an Internet marketer, claims that “creating an Internet business – even a small one – does require work, and part of that work involves staying up to date with the newest tools and the latest online innovations” (Comm, 2010). In this case, I am going to talk about Twitter as a marketing tool, which could help us to develop our business and see the importance of its online engagement.Read More »
Small business consultants, as Elizabeth Freeman , are clear about the advantage of social networking to promote a business; although they also acknowledge that it “requires dedication and work” from the entrepreneurs part.
Starting with the idea of using social media to promote your business is crucial to go beyond in our way to encourage your enterprise. Furthermore, the question to achieve this accomplishment is: How can I implement social media marketing into my business and get real-time success? Well, the first step that you will take into account to be succeed promoting your business is the Digital Strategy.
Accordingly to what Digital Strategy is, “this strategy deals with the process of specifying an organization´s vision, goals, opportunities and initiatives in order to maximize the business benefits of digital initiatives to the company”. It means that this tactic will develop a digital marketing strategy or an online business model to increase the sales online. This process could be also called e-Marketing.
Secondly, what you need to promote the enterprise is the use of social media. Social networks promote the Website and it also keeps new and existing customers chatting about your business. In other words, social media help drive interest and customers to your business. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube or LinkedIn are some of those basic networks to reach the success.
- Please, set up a business page on Facebook and post very often the special offers to all those who Like your page.
- Post questions on your Facebook page to ask customers whether your products or services are fun or odd.
- Ask customers to share pictures on your Facebook page that will show them using their favorite product that they bought from your website.
- Use Twitter to tweet interesting or unusual things about your business or products. It is compulsory to present a link to know where that product is on Webpage.
- It is really recommended to tweet pictures related to you or your business to your Twitter followers.
- Creating circles in your personal Google+ profile are set up specifically for those who are interested in your services, products, brand…
- Post interesting content to your customers and other business circles and encourage feedback or comments on the content such as blog posts, interesting articles, review, offers…
- Start soliciting feedback from customers. It is, discussing a new product or service or maybe ask for participation on isues such as customer service.
- You Tube:
- Join LinkedIn groups that may be popular with many of your customers and frequently post questions or comments related to the products or services that you offer.
- Please, create a LinkedIn profile and add links to your website.
- Update your profile with new links, product reviews, books, or other useful information, so this data will appear to all the people in your networks.
- LinkedIn groups can be really popular if your profile is joined in LinkedIn, so many of your customers could post questions or comments.
Once the most powerful networks deal with marketing and the idea of promoting your business, it is time to move towards a couple of ways in which businesses can protect themselves from risks. How can businesses protect themselves from digital risks?
The first step consists on looking at where their digital life exists. It means that, if a company decides to publish its servers, such as the physical and real digital location, something could happen. So, please, try to protect data which would be located away from the office spaces.
Secondly, many organizations feel fear of making mistakes in digital platforms. I agree with those who think that website is the perfect place for making mistakes and learning from them. You must be brave and risk mistakes!
To end with the post, it is time to promote your business, franchise, company or small shop using these social networks that are above mentioned. If you work hard and you have a positive attitude, your business will cross borders and it will make people be interested in your offers. As Charles Leadbeater stated:
“You are what you share.”
So, it would be a good idea follow Charles Leadbeater´s example to promote your business but always relying on social networks .
- Social Nerwork Connections Ltd; Management. Retrieved 18.11.2013, from: http://www.socialnetworkconnections.co.uk/
- Business Industry Portal; Using Social Media to market your business. Retrieved 19.11.2013 from: http://www.business.qld.gov.au/business/running/marketing/online-marketing/social-media-business
- Freeman, Elizabeth; The advantages of Social Networking Promoting a Business. Retrieved 19.11.2013, from: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/advantages-social-networking-promoting-business-21990.html
- Johson, Stacy; How to use Social Media to Promote your Business. Retrieved 20.11.2013, from: http://www.rd.com/advice/work-career/how-to-use-social-media-to-promote-your-business/